Today’s farmland owners want more than just a casual observer to “keep an eye on the place.” They want someone who can manage the property and carefully analyze each business decision and its effect on profitability and farm care. At Murray Wise Associates, we offer our clients a complete spectrum of services with an added promise of prompt, personalized, and professional service.
All of the services we provide are tailored to your specific goals and objectives. At Murray Wise Associates we care about your land the way you do—because we profit only when you profit.
By allowing the professionals at Murray Wise Associates to take proper care of your real estate and farmland, you’re making a wise management decision for the future. You’ve selected dedicated, experienced experts in the farm management industry who will protect, maintain and improve your farmland investment while maximizing your returns.
With our full-service real estate and farm management program, Murray Wise Associates provides you a multitude of top-notch services:
- Make regular on-farm visits to provide technical assistance necessary in supervising the modern farming operation
- Prepare detailed farm reports, as well as develop projected budgets, cropping plans and cash flow projections for your farm
- Use our influential buying power for all farm inputs and pass any discounts received on to you and the farm operator
- Incorporate our powerful knowledge of all marketing alternatives with modern marketing practices to sell commodities
- Track all receipts and disbursements through individual farm accounts and maintain complete accounting records
- Submit monthly, quarterly or annual financial statements to you—and prepare duplicate records for income tax purposes
- Recommend a leasing arrangement, prepare detailed written leases and select a farm operator for you, in order to complement your ownership goals and objectives
- Evaluate, recommend, and oversee property maintenance and improvement plans to maximize the long-term performance and value of your farm—houses, tiling, irrigation, sheds, grain storage, etc.
Farm Management Services When You Need Them
Farmland management is essential for maximizing the appreciation and income of your land. Each farm requires different care and maintenance. No farm management service is one-size-fits-all. That’s why Murray Wise Associates offers customized farm management plans to ensure the fertility and long term profitability of your farm.
Our farm management company has years of experience providing farm management services tailored to your specific objectives to help you optimize your return on investment. When you work with Murray Wise Associates, you can feel confident knowing you’ll have access to consistent on-the-farm supervision and up-to-date and accurate records. You’ll have the assurance that your best interests are being represented to ensure your satisfaction and your property’s success.
Murray Wise Associates has decades of experience working with some of the best operators and farmers in the industry. Murray Wise Associates is able to use these relationships to capture top of market rents and yields while maintaining the quality of the farm that is consistent with a long-term approach to farmland ownership. Tenants that farm for Murray Wise Associates share their data associated with your farm and use effective crop rotation to keep your farm producing high-end yields year after year. Murray Wise Associates farm managers are knowledgeable about the current farm rent market and will negotiate new leases when appropriate to keep your farm income at the top of the market.
Detailed Farm Reports
You need to know the monthly projections for your farm to keep your property and business safe and secure. To make these accurate projections, you need to keep your records detailed and organized. This includes your profits, losses, expenditures, maintenance, and other ongoing costs that may impact your budget.
Murray Wise Associates can help you stay organized by preparing detailed farm reports. These reports include projected budgets for your farm, cash flow projections, and cropping plans. Additional records we can help maintain include soil data, soil maps, irrigation stats, harvest yields, and more. Maintaining clear, understandable records can help you improve your farm and identify areas of improvement.
It can be difficult to sell your farm’s commodities without having previous experience in marketing. Murray Wise Associates has over three decades worth of crop marketing experience and can effectively market your crop to maximize your return.
Maintain Financial Statements
It’s not easy maintaining farmland and the finances associated with the property. Murray Wise Associates can help. Our farm managers can track all of your business’ disbursements and receipts via individual farm accounts. We’ll maintain complete accounting records and submit annual, quarterly, or monthly financial statements to you when you need them. You can then use these records to prepare for your income taxes smoothly and efficiently.
Choose a Farm Manager You Can Trust
It can be challenging, or even downright impossible, to conduct your farming operations on your own. Even managing a team of farmhands and employees can be difficult and adds on to your necessary paperwork and financial reports. A professional farm manager can help you maximize the long-term performance and value of your farm without the stress.
Murray Wise Associates can evaluate, recommend, and oversee your farm maintenance and improvement plans when and where you need it. We can also recommend farm operators and farm managers for you that complement your objectives and goals so you can focus less on juggling dozens of tasks and more on your success and ROI.
Interested in working with our farm management services? We want to hear from you. Contact Murray Wise Associates today to learn more about how our farm managers can help provide the farm services your land needs to maintain productivity and profitability.
Tenant Relations and Lease Options
In the interest of our clients and their valuable assets, Murray Wise Associates works with only the most progressive operators in the industry. Our farmers are using leading-edge technologies in your fields to not only create efficient and profitable operations this year, but also protect the value of your asset for years to come.
Farm management is an attractive option for investors that need a right-hand-man to provide industry insight and on-site management. We offer the following lease options to our clients:
- Crop Share Leases—Annual income and crop expenses are divided between the landlord and the tenant.
- Custom Operation—All income and expenses are received by the landlord, and a tenant is hired to complete the actual farming practices with his or her own machinery.
- Bushel Leases—The landlord receives a certain percent of the bushels produced or a specific number of bushels grown on the farm and pays no crop expenses.
- Cash Rent Leases—The landlord receives a specific amount of money for rent on the farm and pays no crop expenses.
- Direct Operation—The landlord provides all the equipment, pays all expenses and receives all income from the property, and labor is hired to complete the specific farming operations.
Executive Vice President, Iowa
Vice President, Illinois